Monday, July 14, 2008

Palin to McCain - visit ANWR with me

Palin Says "Come to ANWR"

Philadelphia, Penn.--With John McCain still adamant in his opposition to oil exploration in the Arctic Natural Wildlife Reserve (ANWR), the governor of Alaska yesterday called on the soon-to-be Republican nominee for President to come to her state and see for himself the proposed site for drilling. "I'm asking him to come up and see ANWR," Republican Gov. Sarah Palin told me Saturday during the centennial meeting of the National Governors Association here. As to her discussions so far with McCain, Palin said "We agreed to disagree." But, she quickly added, "I am encourged with his evolved thinking on offshore drilling and I think he might come along on ANWR if he sees our 2000 acres for himself."

No comments: