Sunday, January 13, 2008

J.D. Hayworth wasting his vote

My response to Hayworth's article expressing his support for Duncan Hunter and suggesting that John McCain isn't hard enough on illegal aliens:

First let me say thanks for stating your thoughts, even though you knew that McCain for President supporters would vehemently disagree. Your vote for Duncan Hunter is a bit of a waste, and I think in the privacy of the voting booth you know that and won’t waste your vote.

John McCain, as all the commenters above have said so well, is the only Republican that can beat Hillary. I don’t think you want her to be President, so we probably all agree that an Honorable American Hero is favorable over Hillary. If that American Hero happens to be a senator instead of a governor, so be it. If that American Hero happens to take some middle spectrum positions, so be it.

My pastor and father both taught me to “major on the majors and minor on the minors.” Frankly, national security is major, and both houses of Congress have taken positions of fear instead of standing firm with their leader the current President. Time to elect a man that we can follow toward freedom.

More responses:
My answer to Hayworth

No comments: